Technasia, also known as Charles Siegling, is a musician and DJ raised and based in Paris. Until 2008, the group also consisted of other founding member, Amil Khan, raised and based in Hong Kong. After meeting in China during the 90's, they felt it was time to put South East Asia on the world map of electronic dance music and started their musical duo and label Technasia in 1996. In 2008, Amil decided to quit the duo in order to commit exclusively to raising his newly born child. He still remains a very strong input in all label and artist management related issues. Charles is now the sole member of Technasia.
Charles has built his notoriety during these last decade with acclaimed tracks such as 'Oxide', '2 The Floor', 'Descent', 'Future Mix', 'Hydra', 'Force' or 'Final Quadrant'. He has been exposed to a variety of electronic music and influenced in his works by early electronic sounds from the likes of Legendary Pink Dots, Coil, Xymox, Einstuerzende Neubauten and Depeche Mode.
Technasia is also known for Charles Siegling's unique DJ and live performances. He has appeared up till now at all top electronic music festivals, events and clubs on the planet, with several club residencies in high profile venues such as Womb in Tokyo, Nitsa in Barcelona, Fuse in Brussels and Rex Club in Paris.
During these last 8 years, Technasia has extended his activities to artist and label management, conducting artist performance bookings and executive music production (through his own structure Sino/Technorient Music) for artists such as Joris Voorn, Renato Cohen, Christian Smith, Steve Rachmad or more recently Dosem.
Technasia is currently in the production of his next album 'Central' due in May 2010.
[ 2009 ]
• More Sino Live! performances planned together with Renato Cohen as well as with upcoming new Sino talent Dosem.
• Remix for Subotic 'Pause It' on Dmom (to be released in March '09).
• Remixes for Marc Romboy 'The Beat' on Systematic Recordings.
• Remixes for Mauro Picotto 'Living For the Night' on Alchemy.
• Technasia's 'Hold Me' featured on the '5 Years Systematic Recordings' compilation.
• Executive production for Renato Cohen's first album '16 Billion Drum Kicks' on Sino.
[ 2008 ]
• Technasia & Renato Cohen perform a series of live performances entitled 'Sino Live!' in several major festivals: Wire (Japan), Circuito (Brazil), Electromind (France) & Monegros (Spain).
• New Technasia original release, 'Oxide', followed by two Renato Cohen remixes.
• Remixes for Joris Voorn's 'No Revolution' on Green.
• Amil quits Technasia to give himself more time to raise his newly born son.
[ 2007 ]
• Remixes for Theo Parrish's cult tracks 'Falling Up'.
• Technasia conducts executive production for the several albums of fellow artists: Steve Rachmad ('Neo Classica' on Sino), Joris Voorn ('From A Deep Place' on Green) and Christian Smith & John Selway ('The Coming Storm' on Sino).
[ 2006 ]
• Technasia releases their second album 'Popsoda' in May 2006. It features collaboration with DJ Nasty, Fletch Flex, DJ Godfather, Joris Voorn, John Thomas, Renato Cohen and Dave Clarke. The album also features several vocal tracks. In order to promote the album, Technasia goes on the road again for a new Live tour from April to December 2006.
• Launch of 'Module', Subaka's label, co-managed by Technasia.