Contributing to a vibrant Hamburg tradition of inspired electronic imprints such as Dial, Pokerflat, Smallville or Diynamic, Room With A View can be described as the "personal musical fantasy" of its founder and A&R Phil "Dairmount" Darimont, a fantasy deeply rooted in his early DJ days when House & Techno were colliding in a big musical patchwork of sounds, sweat & dust.
The inspiration of Room With A View can be traced through more than 15 years of DJing across Europe and beyond - and echoes many of Dairmount's musical milestones: from the synthetic melancholy of Detroit to the "hybrid" versatility of London, from the ashes of Mother Disco in Montreal to the quintessential Techno renaissance of Berlin.
The label's ethic is aiming to get back to timeless "emotional content" club music with a futuristic flair, while breaking the pattern of "functionality" that club music too often slips into these days. The desire to make people dance doesn't have to mean excluding some message, emotion or sincerity. Room With A View is about sincerity & self-expression - strongly represented by genuine musical characters that saw in the label a new way to display rare aspects of their musical psyche.
With this mission, Room With A View has managed to nurture a unique & unexpected roster of international artists. As Heidelberg's electronic hero Move D mentioned one day, "Music deserves more space for your own interpretation and imagination". This is ours : welcome to Room With a View...
2009 WILL SEE WORKS & REMIXES BY:
* Abacus [Canada - Guidance, Rebirth, Peacefrog]
* André Lodemann [Germany - Best Works, Simple, Fine Art]
* Andreas Saag [Sweden - Freerange, Exceptional, SLS]
* Art Bleek [France - Rushhour, Connaisseur, Resopal, Loungin]
* Art Of Tones [France - 20:20 Vision, SSOH]
* Arto Mwambe [Germany - Brontosaurus]
* Atjazz [UK - Mantis, Atjazz Music]
* Christoffer Berg [Sweden - My Sonic Mountain]
* Dairmount [Belgium - Room With A View, Still Music]
* Daz I Kue [UK - V2, Bitasweet, Sound In Color]
* Gerd [Netherlands - 4Lux, Fortek, Music Man]
* Honesty [Germany - Sonar Kollektiv, Cabinet]
* Jimpster [UK - Freerange, Buzzin' Fly]
* Joel Alter [Sweden - M_nus, Gigolo]
* Marino Berardi [Italy - Room With A View, Ovum, Wave Music]
* Marlow [Germany - Room With A View, Objektivity, Konsequenz]
* Michel Cleis [Switzerland - Cadenza]
* Motor City Drum Ensemble [Germany - 2020 Vision, Quintessentials]
* Ralf Petter [Germany - Room With A View, Still Music]
* Russ Gabriel [UK - Ferox, Mobilee]
* Sasse [Finland - Mood Music, Misericord]
* Sei A [Scotland - Sole Music, Missive]
* Shur-I-Kan [UK - Freerange, Urbantorque]
* Sygaire [Germany - Sonar Kollektiv, Raw Fusion, Reincarnation]